Get control over your food addictions and lose weight with the whole30!
What does the Whole30 diet entail? Basically, you cannot eat any of the following for 30 days:
- sugar or sweeteners of any kind (no Stevia, Sweet and Low, honey, Splenda, nada.)
- legumes (soy, beans and peanuts)
It is essentially the Paleo diet so you can eat freely of:
- meat, poultry, fish/seafood, eggs and a little bacon
- all vegetables including white and sweet potatoes
- all fruit, even a little dried fruit
- nuts (except peanuts)
- olive oil, coconut oil/coconut butter and ghee butter (clarified butter)
- black coffee and unsweetened tea are fine (you can use almond or coconut milk in your coffee or tea)
Here's the kicker (and the part that makes it work): there is NO cheating
whatsoever. To get the intended results and reset our bodies we must go 30 days straight without ANY inflammatory food. At all. That's 30 days of keeping your blood sugar balanced and normalizing your insulin production so that your body finally can release the fat that you've held on for years trying diets that allow you to cheat.
OK I want to do it, but I'm scared! This sounds REALLY intense.
I will be doing it alongside you for support and because I truly believe in it. My completion of the Whole 30 each time I did it was the best I've felt and leanest I've looked in years. And for the moments you want to throw in the towel, you've got my humor and conviction to carry you through, not to mention the power of a group commitment and lots of support from your fellow Whole30-ers.
Everytime I run a group, our collective results are nothing short of miraculous. EVERYONE loses weight, fat and bloat without counting a calorie or ever being hungry. Nagging aches and pains disappear. Our skin glows (at all ages). EVERYONE'S energy went through the roof, almost to points of uncontrollable esctasy. (I'm not joking. It's almost embarrassing. I sometimes feel like I'm L. Ron Hubbard and you guys are Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch. Haha.) Perhaps the greatest success story was my 73-year-old female client, who at the time was being treated for 2 types of cancer. She stuck with the program religiously and lost 10 pounds in 30 days and had bounding energy by the end. She could not believe how amazing she felt. Others were amazed at how they relinquished their long-standing food addictions.
As for myself, the first time I did Whole30 I lost 7 pounds in 30 days and went from a size 8/10 to a size 6 (as shown in the pictures above). I was able to finally quit my chocolate and sugar addictions. My pants all got super loose in the waist. My skin was glowing. I had so much energy that I likened myself to the elderly people in the movie Cocoon, who once they got in the pool with the alien eggs had the energy to go breakdancing.
So what do you get if you sign up?
- I will be sending you an email at the end of each day with menus, tips, recipes, videos, ideas and jokes. (I mean it wouldn't be me if there weren't jokes. I will not lie, the beginning of the program can feel like utter hell as your body is adjusting. For most people it totally sucks to give up ice cream, chocolate, alcohol, bread or whatever your favorite thing is. The jokes are what get some people through as well as knowing that others are temporarily suffering along with you. And on the flip side, hearing the success of others is also very motivating.) Obviously cooking is wonderful if you are going to do this but it is not essential. I pretty much live in the kitchen while on Whole30 but some of my clients frequently travel for work and do not have a lifestyle that allows for much cooking. They still got amazing results just from sticking with the program while eating out.
- I will have 3 "office hours" per week during which time I will answer your emails if you have any specific questions. (You can email me at any time obviously, but I will RESPOND during office hours.) I do however STRONGLY suggest that you purchase and begin to read The Whole30 by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. The book thoroughly answers the major questions you may have about this diet. Get the book or at least check out the the website www.whole30.com.
- Inclusion in our private Facebook group so that you can share with the other participants. Let's have some fun with this!